Monday, May 14, 2012

First Road Trip

Last weekend we all packed up and headed on the trek toward Creston, BC. Creston is where Miles' grandparents live and they aren't able to make it out to Calgary anymore. So off we went, to drop Miles' mom, Maureen, off for the week and to introduce Austin and Lincoln to their Great-Grandparents on their father's side.



I've never taken the boys in the car for longer than an hour before, and I didn't know how they would do. They normally sleep well in the car, so I thought we'd get most of the way to Fernie, then they'd wake up and we'd feed them, then stop in Fernie so we could all stretch our legs. Sleep they did, but only for a half hour! So we spent the rest of the time talking and having fun. Until just outside Fernie when Austin had had enough! But to Fernie we got, all alive and well, and as soon as Austin nursed for a bit he happy and ready to go. Go figure!

But apparantly didn't feed him enough, cuz he still wanted some of Daddy's milkshake. Not yet, little man!!



Off we go again, ready for another few hours in the car. I took over the wheel and Miles got to entertain the boys, but I don't think they needed him much, they seemed to be doing just fine on their own!


It was a surprise for the grandparents that Miles and I were coming with the boys and I think seeing their two little angel faces made the surprise well received indeed :) Thank goodness they had an old crib we could set up for the boys, that made things so much nicer.

I loved the crib, I thought it was very cool. It's well over 50 years old as Miles' mom and her sister were babes in it. It was iron and very antique looking, but certainly not 'safe' by today's standards. Keep on looking, you'll see what I mean....





Hehe!! Lincoln reminds me of Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree while Austin's trying to break free. We tried to pad the sides with blankets, but to no avail. Next time, I bring my bumper pads!

Our weekend continued well with the Grandparents helping with the feeding. We then continued on to visit with a childhood friend of Miles' and they had a swing in their backyard that the boys loved. First time they've been in a swing - I think regular trips to the park are in the order now that the sun shines on!







The trip home went well, too, and we all slept so well that night. Thanks, G&G for a nice weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Shani:

    We enjoyed your visit and welcome your thanks. The photos added greatly to your blog. It is a treat. Thank you for composing it.

    We are not aware that previous occupants of the crib made such novel use of it.

    Love, G&G

    ReplyDelete