Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Myers Family Christmas

Well, I have to say our first Christmas as our own family unit was wonderful! Here are a few highlights:


Christmas Eve was spent at my Aunt Marlene's house where there was turkey dinner and Grandpa's Soup. All members of the 4th generation were there and we got a picture with all of them. My cousin Ryan and his wife Marcie also have twin boys, Connor and Caleb, who are now 8 years old; they're the ones holding our twins. Then there's my brother's kids, Isabella and Donovan, in the middle.


After a wonderful night of fun, food and laughter, Miles and I went home and put the boys to bed way too late. But that's was special occasions are for, right?

Christmas morning we got up with boys and after they were fed we opened our presents. This may be the only year I get to open up all the presents, so I enjoyed myself :) We're not very avid picture takers, so this is the only one we took of Christmas morning. These are blankets Grams made for the boys.



I also got the boys Texas Longhorn shirts they can wear to support Miles' favorite college football team. So Boxing Day, we had clones wandering all around!



We went out to the time share my parents have up in Canmore and Miles and I took advantage of the boys having a nap and extra family around to go for a hike. It's been a long time since I've done snow angels, and man did it ever feel good!





The weather was so nice. We need to get out the mountains and enjoy winter a little more!

The rest of the day was spent with my family playing games and having a good time, just as the holidays should be.

Hope the rest of you had a Merry Christmas, and I wish you all Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment