Friday, December 9, 2011

Sleepytime

The boys have been in their new room and crib for almost two weeks now and they love it. Okay, I don't really know, but I say this because they're so well behaved, they can't NOT like it...

Anytime the boys go bed, whether it be at night or for their naps, I keep a couple of things constant so they know it's bedtime. Of all the books I've read and websites I've visited, and by my own instinct, I find that routine is key. Not necessarily when you do something, but it's how you do it.

So this is what I do:
As soon as they show signs of drowsiness, such as less movement or talking, rubbing the eyes, taking longer blinks, etc, I take them up to bed. They like to be swaddled, so I wrap them up, then place them in the crocheted sleep sacs my mom made for them.


I had just put Lincoln down 30 seconds before Austin, and check it out: he's out! They don't always take their soothers, but I always offer them. Sometimes just the sucking will result in closed eyes.

I then put a flannel blanket over their eyes. This also results closed eyes almost right away. They know that once that blanket is on their face, it's lights out!


And 10 minutes later, I come back, not a peep. Look what I find!


Often when they wake up, it's to smiley 'hellos'. But sometimes they're just hungry and angry, and sometimes they're just chill...



I sure do count my blessings, and I hope they continue they're awesome sleep habits, cuz I know some people who have had it rough and I don't envy them one bit!

1 comment:

  1. Oh they are so cute. Thank you for the posts and the pictures. How they have changed since their births. You are doing a great job and the best of the Season for you all.

    ReplyDelete