Thursday, July 8, 2010

Shani "Bout Due" Myers

Okay, so my favorite time of year is Stampede. Yeehaw! I love getting dressed up like a cowgirl, I love going down to the grounds. And oh, the pancake breakfasts!! I don't really do much, I just enjoy it. And yes, I can't resist oogling when I see the policemen and firemen in their uniforms and cowboy hats. Yikes!

Other people in Calgary think Stampede is all about getting drunk and hooking up. As a matter of fact, it's urban legend that most pregancies in Calgary are conceived over Stampede Week. I of course, opt out of the drinking, but let me tell you, it is fun to be sober at a work party when everyone else is wasted! That's the only time it's acceptable for me to unleash and act like a total fool. In fact, I've actually been accused of being drunk. Maybe by osmosis??

This is year is going to be awesome, I'm spending all day down at the grounds, riding the rides and eating greasy deep-fried food, then I'm going to see some chuck wagon races for the first time and it will be a blast! I was able to get tickets for me and my family and we'll have a boot-stompin' good time!

Stay tuned for pics over the next few shananigan-filled days!

2 comments:

  1. When I was working I looked forward to Stampede. Everything kinda slowed down for a much needed break. But now, I would rather leave town and skip all the hoopla. Maybe thats because I'm old and self employed and a trip to a bunch of stampede breakies is just one more thing for me to do.

    PS. We also live super close so we hear parties and rambunctiousness well into the am for two weeks and then there is the parking. Oy

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun, chuck wagon races?! that is the part of stampede that I love. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete