Thursday, July 22, 2010

Between Friends

Just between you and me: God makes no mistakes.

The Between Friends Club in Calgary is an organization that plans camps and outings for children of all ages with disabilities, mental or physical, or nothing at all, to hang out, have fun and make friends. My department this week used our Volunteer Day to go hang out with this group and it was so special! I was assigned to Chipmunks - 6-7 year olds. We took a bus ride out to Ghost Lake to ride on a pontoon boat and played in the grass. How marvelous! These children are so special. They have smiles and senses of humor that warm my heart.

It is my belief that before we are born, we are spirits and chose our family and our bodies. Those spirits who chose to live in a body with challenges must be AMAZING! It may seem to us that they live in captivity, but they are willing to do so because the goal is to be mortal and gain a body in order to move into the next phase of immortality and eternal life. They are giving us the wonderful opportunity to learn from them. Learn patience and sacrifice and service. They are all so special and suffer with not only their own handicaps, but also social ridicule.

I've been inspired. I will do what I can to give back to this community, because I can and I have been given gifts that I can share. I will no longer keep them to myself.

Sunny (my camp name!) or Sunsun as Tess called me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment