Thursday, February 16, 2012

Yummy Yams, Mommy!

So the boys started in on solids last week. I decided to not start with cereal and instead opted for veggies high in vitamins and fats. These I'm making myself and man am I glad when the healthier choice is cheap and easy!

First we tested Avacados. I blended them with some breastmilk and froze them in a Tupperware ice cube tray. This I did cuz it comes with a lid.



Since this was their first food, I wasn't sure if the faces were from something new, or from the Avacado itself, but I kept going and they kept eating. No outright refusals or rejections which I took as a good sign.

Next we moved on to Sweet Potato, which they seemed to enjoy more. Austin even grunted in displeasure when I wasn't quick enough to feed him.



Up next: bananas!

3 comments:

  1. I made my own baby food and I was so glad I did. Seriously easier than most people think! I can't tell who your boys looks like. To me it looks like one looks a little more like MIles and the other a little more like you but really they seem to be pretty good mixes (I think?)! How fun that they are old enough to start a new stage!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, Austin looks like Miles and Lincoln more like me, but there are definitely pieces of both. It is so much fun that they're eating :)Watching all the stages of developement happen before your eyes is amazing!

      Delete
  2. OMG - they are soooo cute - missing them so very much. We need to hook up now that I finally have internet at home - still waiting for wifi - but hope to have it within the next day or so. Let me know when would be a good time to connect. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete