Thursday, August 4, 2011

Quick bit with no pics

Okay, okay, I know I've been slacking! Please don't hate me. There are so many things I have to blog about and discuss, but when I get home, I just don't want to go on the computer after being stuck on it all day at work. Yes, I will confess that most of my blogs appear during the work day - but mostly lunch time, if I can help myself.... but low and behold, editing access had been cut off at the office, so it was you who suffered, getting no updates from me.

Anyhow, I'm now officially on Mat Leave for a year. No more working. It's odd, you know, not having to get up at 5:30 every day to eat. I can often times go til 6:30 or 7 now. Something I want to work on: waking up, having breakfast and getting ready for the day as I normally would if I were getting out of the house. I did pretty good earlier this week as I had appointments and running around to do, but yesterday, yesterday was a disaster. I had no need to go out of the house, therefore no need to shower, right? WRONG!! That's gross. I hope I never do that again. My hair was a disaster, my face not washed. I'm sure Miles came home and was like "great, this is what the rest of my life is going to look like..."

So, just like the 60's Homemaking book I picked up a year ago at a bookswap suggests: I'll get up and get ready for the day, every day. I'll feel better, I'll be ready if anything comes up, and I'll be more productive. Sound like a plan? Yes!! Amazing what getting up and washing your face can do for the rest of your day...

But on a quick note, before I go get ready for my day today, here's an update:

Those onions I was re-growing? Ya, forgot about them and now they're dead. So much for saving $0.89.
I'm continuing to feel well, however LARGE. My waist is now 42" and I need to grab on to anything and everything in order to get up off the couch.
Both babes are breech, as of last Tuesday, which means a c-section is on the horizon. I'll have a date by my next doc appointment next week.
Staying cool with my homemade popsicles. Perhaps I'll share my recipes in one of these posts...maybe not. Catch me on a good day ;)

Anyhow, I promise more pictures of my growing progress and the changes we're making in our home to accommodate these two little ones who are about to join us shortly. Til then, go have a shower!!

2 comments:

  1. Funny story - you totally have editing access at the office, you just have to click "back" when it says you don't have access...I'm so awful. But, I'm allowed to tell you because you're not at work to cause shenanigans and wreak general havoc on the rules :P P.S. You should start wearing an apron every day, if you're going for the 60's homemaker look...I'll find you a fun one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you are to funny. You do feel way better and more productive if you get up and get ready right off the bat. I always feel like a lazy day and unproductive if I don't shower. Can't wait to see the pics of everything changing in your place!

    ReplyDelete